7-Zip is one of the most well-known file compression programs out there. 7-Zip 22.00 is out with some improvements for the Apple File System and Linux.
7-Zip is for use on Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000, NT, ME, Win 98, Linux, and macOS.
Changelog for 7-Zip 22.00
- 7-Zip can now extract APFS (Apple File System) images that can be used in DMG files.
- 7-Zip can now create TAR archives in POSIX (pax) tar format with the switches
-ttar -mm=pax oder -ttar -mm=posix
- 7-Zip can now store additional file timestamps with high accuracy (1 ns in Linux) in tar/pax archives with the following switches:
-ttar -mm=pax -mtp=3 -mtc -mta
- New switches for the Linux version for TAR archives:
: stores owner/group IDs in the archive or sets owner/group IDs from the archive to the extracted files.
: stores owner/group names in the archive
- New switch to propagate the Zone.Identifier stream to extracted files (Windows).
- New option “Share Zone.Id stream” in the Tools/Options/7-Zip menu.
- The new “Options” window in “Add to Archive” allows you to select the metadata to include in the archive. It also allows you to select the new option “Do not change the last access time of the source files”.
- Some bug-fixed.