Edge Beta is released to the Beta Channel. The new build number is 99.0.1150.11 as of now. Yesterday the first Edge Dev with build 100 was released.
Website operators can test the user-agent header 100 by activating the #force-major-version-to-100 under edge://flags in the new Beta release.
Feature updates for Edge Beta 99.0.1150.11
- Upcoming three-digit version number in user agent string. Starting with version 100, Microsoft Edge will send a three-digit version number in the User-Agent header, for example “Edg/100”. Starting with Microsoft Edge 97, site owners can test this upcoming agent string by enabling the #force-major-version-to-100 experiment flag in edge://flags to ensure their User-Agent parsing logic is robust and works as expected.
- Personalize multi-profile experiences with profile preferences for sites. Users can personalize their multi-profile experience with the ability to create a customized list of sites for automatic profile switching in Microsoft Edge.
- Navigate PDF documents using page thumbnails. You will now be able to navigate through your PDF document using thumbnails that represent the pages. These thumbnails will appear in the pane on the left side of the PDF reader.
- Configure the list of domains for which the password manager User Interface (UI) for Save and Fill will be disabled. Use the PasswordManagerBlocklist policy to configure the list of domains (HTTP/HTTPS schemas and hostnames only) where Microsoft Edge should disable the password manager. This means that Save and Fill workflows will be disabled, which ensures that passwords for those websites can’t be saved or auto filled into web forms.
- Update extensions to the Microsoft Edge Add-ons store using API’s (in public preview). You can integrate these API’s directly into your build pipeline, and publish package updates to the Microsoft Edge Add-on website. To learn more, see Using the Microsoft Edge Add-ons API (in private preview)
New Policies in Edge Beta 99.0.1150.11
- AllowGamesMenu – Allow users to access the games menu
- DoNotSilentlyBlockProtocolsFromOrigins – Define a list of protocols that can not be silently blocked by anti-flood protection
- HubsSidebarEnabled – Show Hubs Sidebar
- InternetExplorerIntegrationCloudNeutralSitesReporting – Configure reporting of potentially misconfigured neutral site URLs to the M365 Admin Center Site Lists app
- InternetExplorerIntegrationCloudUserSitesReporting – Configure reporting of IE Mode user list entries to the M365 Admin Center Site Lists app
- PasswordManagerBlocklist – Configure the list of domains for which the password manager UI (Save and Fill) will be disabled
- RelatedMatchesCloudServiceEnabled – Configure Related Matches in Find on Page
- SignInCtaOnNtpEnabled – Enable sign in click to action dialog
- UserAgentReduction – Enable or disable the User-Agent Reduction
You can download the new build here.