Microsoft released Edge Dev 100.0.1169.1 to insiders on the Dev Channel today. The new build comes with some new features, changes, and fixes.
In this new build, Microsoft brings some frequently requested features:
The ability to view thumbnails of the pages of a PDF as a list and use them to navigate through the document in the same way as the Table of Contents, and the ability to set your own custom password for use as the Primary Password that protects all passwords before they’re auto-filled into a webpage.
Changelog for Edge Dev 100.0.1169.1
New Added Features
- Added support for a text prediction attribute on forms in webpages that allows web developers to enable or disable text prediction similar to the way they can control spellcheck and autocomplete.
- Enabled support for custom text cursors on Windows.
- Added a Setting on Mac to allow the browser to be automatically updated for all device users.
- Added the ability on Android to have Read Aloud work when the tab or app is in the background.
- Enabled a management policy from Chromium to Force the Major Version number To the Minor Position In the User-Agent string, which is a temporary policy to freeze the major version number at 99 and place the actual version number in the minor position, for example turning version 188.8.131.52 into 184.108.40.206.
- Developer (Note that these APIs were previously in the “Experimental” status):
- Added an API to WebView2 to hide buttons from the PDF toolbar.
- Added an API to WebView2 to Call Dev Tools Protocol Method For Session, which runs an asynchronous method on a specific WebView session.
- Added an API to WebView2 to control the Exclusive User Data Folder Access property, which prevents other WebViews and browser processes from accessing the user data folder.
- Added an API to WebView2 to Allow External Drop, which controls if objects from outside a WebView application are allowed to be dragged and dropped into it.
- Fixed a crash on the new tab page.
- Fixed a crash when certain popups appear.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with the Shopping button.
- Fixed a crash on Mac.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when interacting with the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where certain websites crash.
- Fixed a crash on launch on Android.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a crash when checking for leaked passwords.
- Fixed a crash when signing into the browser.
- Fixed a hang when signing into the browser.
- Fixed an issue where certain sites like Spotify that play protected media don’t work.
- Fixed an issue where passwords saved in Settings sometimes can’t be removed.
- Fixed an issue where Spellcheck isn’t available for certain languages that it should be.
- Fixed an issue where printing sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where a prompt to save info like addresses into Autofill unexpectedly appears after filling unrelated data into forms.
- Fixed an issue where payment cards don’t sync when they should.
- Fixed an issue where certain buttons appear that shouldn’t when hovering over tabs.
- Fixed an issue where certain popups don’t have an X button to close them.
- Fixed an issue where Web Select sometimes doesn’t copy certain selected items properly.
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts on the Taskbar are sometimes duplicated.
- Fixed an issue where the navigation buttons in the Edge Bar sometimes don’t work.
- Fixed an issue in the Edge Bar where tabs sometimes can’t be reordered.
- Improved support for scrolling PDFs using a touchscreen.
- Fixed an issue where credit card autofill sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Rewards info is missing.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes doesn’t work.
- Enterprise (removed management policies):
- Removed the policy to control if Cloud Profile Reporting functionality is Enabled.
- Removed the policy to control if Cloud Extension Request functionality is Enabled.