Microsoft released a new updated Edge Dev 100.0.1181.0 to insiders on the Dev Channel.
The new update contains some new added features, fixes, changes, and improvements. Read more down below what has changed in this new updated release.
Changelog for Edge Dev 100.0.1181.0
- Enabled by default the ability to create a custom Primary Password for use with autofill. Note that this feature also completed its gradual rollout last week.
- Management policies (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet):
- Added a policy to Control if the Default State Of the Allow Extension From Other Stores Setting is enabled.
- Added a policy to control if the ability to Hide the Restore Dialog is enabled, which hides the “Restore pages” dialog that appears after the browser crashes or closes unexpectedly.
- Enabled support for a policy from Chromium to Prompt On Multiple Matching Certificates, which is functionally identical to the existing Edge policy to Force Certificate Prompts On Multiple Matches.
- Enabled support for policies from Chromium to control input devices like keyboards and game controllers: Default Web Hid Guard Setting, which controls if websites are allowed to ask for access to devices; Web Hid Ask For URLs, which is the list of sites allowed to ask for access to devices; and Web Hid Blocked For URLs, which is the list of sites not allowed to ask for access to devices.
- Added the ability to hide trending searches on mobile.
- Added an API to WebView2 to customize context menus by listening to the Context Menu Requested event and inserting items via the Create Context Menu Item method, as well as obtaining information about the type of item that was right-clicked. Note that this API was previously in the “Experimental” status.
Improved in Edge Dev 100.0.1181.0
- Fixed a crash on launch on Mac.
- Fixed a crash when downloading certain types of files.
- Fixed a crash on versions of Windows older than 10 when downloading files.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed an issue where deleting text while a Text Prediction is showing sometimes crashes the tab.
- Fixed a crash when visiting certain websites.
- Fixed a crash when changing new tab page settings.
- Fixed a crash when using Shopping features.
- Fixed a crash in WebView2 applications when viewing them in full-screen (Issue 2082).
Changed in Edge Dev 100.0.1181.0
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the volume icon to mute tabs that are playing media doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the Tracking Prevention switch on the In Private new tab page doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the Find on Page index resets if another tab is switched to and back.
- Fixed an issue where Find on Page says it returns 0 matches, but it actually does find matches and highlights them on the page.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows sometimes can’t navigate and show a “Can’t reach this page” error.
- Fixed an issue where Spellcheck sometimes suggests synonyms for the wrong words in its suggestion list.
- Fixed an issue where sharing sometimes fails or misses content when sharing from a PWA.
- Fixed an issue where certain parts of the History menu crash or appear blank.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard shortcut to open the F12 Dev Tools console doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on a desktop notification sometimes opens a blank new tab instead of a tab to the website the notification was sent from.
- Fixed an issue where text labels on extension buttons are cut off or unreadable in PWA windows.
- Improved messaging when tabs fail to load due to management policy.
- Management policies:
- Fixed an issue where the policies to control what sites are able to access file:// URLs don’t work when the file names contain spaces.
- Fixed an issue where the policies to control what sites are able to access file:// URLs sometimes open the wrong folder then the link is to a folder.
- Fixed an issue where the management policy to control if Microsoft Edge Insider Promotion is Enabled doesn’t work.
- Renamed the policy to control if Transparent Ad Providers are Enabled into “Ads Transparency Enabled”.
- Fixed an issue where viewing a page in desktop mode sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where Guided Switch sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes plays in multiple tabs simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud stops unexpectedly while the app is in the background and is then brought back into the foreground.
- Fixed an issue where certain new tab page settings buttons don’t work.
- Fixed an issue where a dialog showing that ads are blocked appears too frequently.
- Fixed an issue where certain dialogs don’t get closed when they should be.
- Fixed an issue where the list of accounts available when signing into the browser sometimes is missing some of them.
- Fixed an issue where the management policy to disable saving passwords sometimes doesn’t work.