Microsoft released Edge Dev build 101.0.1198.0 to the Dev channel. As usual, the new build comes with a long list of fixes, added features, and improved reliability. Read more about all of this in the changelog added below.
Changelog for Edge Dev 101.0.1198.0
New Added Features
- Enabled by default is the ability to view PDF properties and metadata.
- Added info to the Edge Bar about the current URL.
- Management policies (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet):
- Added a policy to control if Kiosk Swipe Gestures are enabled, which controls if swipe gestures to navigate forward and back are functional in Kiosk mode.
- Added a policy to Configure Keyboard Shortcuts, which configures which keyboard shortcuts are disabled.
- Added a policy to control if the Microsoft Office Menu is Enabled.
- Added a policy in Internet Explorer Mode to Enable Save page As, which has previously been disabled in IE mode tabs.
- Added support on Mac for the policy to set the Auto Update Check Period in Minutes.
- Developer (note that updates to documentation and SDKs may not have occurred yet):
- Added an API to WebView2 for initial support for multiple profiles. Note that this API was previously in the “Experimental” status.
- Added an API to WebView2 to set the default download location. Note that this API was previously in the “Experimental” status.
- Added an experimental API to WebView2 to verify or block a certificate from the server when an error is detected.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where closing a tab group sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when typing into a webpage.
- Fixed a crash when changing certain Settings.
- Fixed a crash when signing out of the browser.
- Fixed a crash when using Picture in Picture.
- Fixed an issue where the Spotify PWA sometimes crashes.
- Fixed a hang.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with the address bar.
- Fixed a crash when navigating using Top Sites.
- Fixed a crash when performing a search.
- Fixed a crash when editing autofill data.
- Fixed a crash when changing accessibility settings.
- Fixed a crash on Surface Duo when dragging and dropping text.
- Fixed a crash when accessing edge://policy.
- Fixed a hang when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where Spellcheck sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the window control buttons aren’t available after exiting full-screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Pin To Taskbar option for websites installed as apps and PWAs sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling websites installed as apps sometimes doesn’t properly uninstall them on other machines when App syncing is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the dialog to add a new profile sometimes doesn’t open when clicking the button to open it.
- Fixed an issue where the Travel recommendation popup sometimes appears blank.
- Fixed an issue where certain browsing data is sometimes unintentionally deleted when other browsing data is intentionally deleted.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes enter IE mode unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where the IME popup is sometimes placed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes can’t be selected in the Tab Center.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes fails when online voices can’t be used instead of falling back to offline voices.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud doesn’t start if there’s no network connection.
- Fixed an issue where certain Collection items sometimes are unintentionally deleted when other items are intentionally deleted.
- Fixed an issue on Android where the Search widget doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where feedback can’t be sent.
- Fixed an issue where Top Sites sometimes can’t be manually added.
- Fixed an issue where the option to share a tab sometimes isn’t available.
- Fixed an issue where updating a password sometimes changes the wrong password.
- Fixed a WebView2 issue where apps created using certain SDKs report 0 for both MouseEvent movement properties (Issue 2220).
- Fixed an issue in WebView2 apps where popups like permission prompt and context menus sometimes don’t appear.
- Users of certain ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube. As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to proceed. See this help article for more details.
- Some users are still running into an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error. The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it.
- Users of the Kaspersky Internet Suite who have the associated extension installed may sometimes see webpages like Gmail fail to load. This failure is due to the main Kaspersky software being out of date, and is thus fixed by making sure the latest version is installed.
- Some users are seeing “wobbling” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touchscreens, where scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other. Note that this only affects certain websites and seems to be worse on certain devices. This is most likely related to our ongoing work to bring scrolling back to parity with Edge Legacy’s behavior, so if this behavior is undesirable, you can temporarily turn it off by disabling the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.