Microsoft has released the last build starting 102 to the Dev Channel. So next time, if everything goes as it should, a new build with version number 103 will be released.
However, Edge Dev 102.0.1245.3 has some new features, but nothing spectacular. As always, the new build comes with some improvements, as well as some bug fixes.
A nice new feature is, that Edge Dev now supports xCloud Clarity Boost. It improves the image quality while playing games from the cloud using Xbox Cloud Streaming.
For all other changes and fixes made, just take a look at the changelog.
Changelog for Edge Dev 102.0.1245.3
- Added support for a custom IE mode list in Settings.
- Added the ability to add a password directly in Settings.
- Enabled support for XCloud Clarity Boost by default.
- Enabled support for a management policy from Chromium to control if the User-Agent Client Hints GREASE Update is enabled, which controls if the updated GREASE specification is used (which could lead to broken websites) or an older version. Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not be available yet.
- Developer (note that updates to documentation and SDKs may not be available yet, and all of the below APIs were previously in the “Experimental” status):
- Added an API to WebView2 to Clear Browsing Data.
- Added an API to WebView2 apps to handle Server Certificate Errors.
- Added an API to WebView2 to monitor HTTP navigation Status Codes.
- Fixed a crash when closing a tab.
- Fixed a crash when sending feedback.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when syncing.
- Fixed a crash when viewing certain Settings pages.
- Fixed a crash on mobile when interacting with content on the new tab page.
Changed Behavior in Edge Dev 102.0.1245.3
- Fixed an issue where a Sidebar button on the toolbar couldn’t be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where search engines disappear from Settings.
- Fixed an issue where exported enterprise site lists don’t contain a version number.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes can’t be closed while downloading something.
- Fixed an issue where the Downloads popup sometimes appears in the wrong window when multiple windows are open.
- Fixed an issue where Enhanced Security mode settings sometimes aren’t visible.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the Performance Hub is missing some information.
- Fixed an issue where searching using Alt+Enter on Windows results in the address bar showing the wrong text on other tabs.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on notifications in the Windows Action Center sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where Print Preview is blank.
- Fixed an issue where printing a PDF sometimes doesn’t work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where text on Extension badges is red.
- Fixed an issue where the Find on Page popup is red.
- Fixed an issue where the Picture in Picture controls are red.
- Fixed an issue where parts of the browser don’t use a dark theme in InPrivate windows.
- Fixed an issue where the new tab page sometimes doesn’t scroll properly.
- Fixed an issue where links opened from Outlook sometimes don’t work.
- Fixed an issue where adding or editing a Collection sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where certain Read Aloud voices are missing.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud doesn’t work.