Microsoft released Edge Dev build 99.0.1150.2 to the Dev channel. The new build comes with a lot of added new features, fixes, and improvements.
Microsoft announced that the Selenium’s Internet Explorer Driver now works with IE mode; you can read all about it here: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2022/02/01/test-ie-mode-in-microsoft-edge-internet-explorer-driv…
Changed, Fixed, or Improved in Edge Dev 99.0.1150.2
Newly added features
- Added a Setting to control the related matches feature in Find on Page.
- Enabled support for Password Monitor on iOS.
- Enabled support for Shopping on Android.
- Added an experimental WebView2 API for showing a status bar (Issue 844).
- Added experimental support for the CDP API for WebView2 apps to use sessionId, as discussed at https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge /WebView2Feedback/blob /882421bf85d70d3801b82e6a339fd3a2993781d0/ s…
- Management policies (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet):
- Added a policy to control if the Related Matches Cloud Service is Enabled, which controls the related matches feature in Find on Page.
- Added a policy to control the Password Manager Blocklist, which is the list of sites that aren’t allowed to save or fill passwords.
- Added a policy to control if the Hubs Sidebar is Enabled.
- Added a policy to say Do Not Silently Block Protocols From specific Origins to the external application launcher, which lets certain protocols coming from a defined list of origins bypass protections designed to prevent a flood of application launches.
- Enabled support for a policy from Chromium to control User Agent Reduction, which controls whether the full or the reduced version of the User Agent header is sent with web requests and whether or not experimentation is allowed to control it.
Improved in Edge Dev 99.0.1150.2
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed a crash when opening a Guest window.
- Fixed a crash when using Collections in InPrivate windows.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to correct misspelled words that are flagged by the spellchecker.
- Fixed a crash when syncing certain types of data.
- Fixed a crash when using Citations.
- Fixed a crash on Mac after restarting to apply an update.
- Fixed a crash when opening certain URLs from the Edge Bar.
- Fixed an issue on HoloLens where PWAs crash.
- Fixed a crash on mobile when searching in the address bar/search box.
- Fixed a crash on mobile when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a hang of devices with certain integrated GPUs.
Changed in Edge Dev 99.0.1150.2
- Improved how many types of tabs can be put to sleep.
- Fixed an issue with vertical tabs sometimes causing high CPU use even when the browser is idle.
- Fixed an issue where certain video sites like Netflix sometimes play HEVC videos in a glitchy or jittery way. Note that this fix also requires an update to the OS’s HEVC extension that may not have occurred yet.
- Fixed an issue where certain video sites like Netflix report a “MediaFoundationRendererClient disconnected” error.
- Fixed an issue where the Include Related Matches setting in the Find on Page tool isn’t remembered between tabs.
- Fixed an issue where sync is sometimes unexpectedly turned off.
- Fixed an issue where deleting cookies sometimes causes the popup or Settings page to go blank.
- Fixed an issue where certain actions performed on PDFs like printing are sometimes performed for all PDFs instead of just the currently active one if multiple PDFs are open.
- Fixed an issue where certain ways to filter history don’t work because the filter criteria can’t be input properly.
- Fixed an issue where spellcheck popups to show suggested fixes for misspelled words sometimes don’t appear when they should.
- Fixed an issue where spellcheck languages may be inadvertently changed when other spellcheck settings are changed.
- Fixed an issue where the setting to show search and site suggestions using what’s been typed doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where navigations to intranet sites for single words in the address bar sometimes revert to searches when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed some issues where Citations aren’t formatted properly according to their rules.
- Fixed an issue where the popup blocker in IE mode sometimes is enabled when it shouldn’t be.
- Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs sometimes aren’t rendered at the correct size.
- Fixed an issue where signing into Bing Rebates sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where the contents of the webpage sometimes isn’t placed correctly after using Xbox Gaming Cloud.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox where the top of the window sometimes isn’t visible when using vertical tabs.
- Fixed an issue where extensions aren’t in the same order in PWA windows as they are in regular windows.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where Tracking Prevention doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where navigations sometimes fail when signed into the browser with a work or school account.
- Obsoleted the management policy to control if the App Cache is Force Enabled. Note that this policy was not previously deprecated.