Microsoft released Edge Dev 100.0.1163.1 to Insiders on the Dev channel today. The new browser comes with a lot of fixes and a few newly added features. So take a look if there is something you think is interesting.
Changelog for Edge Dev Update 100.0.1163.1
New Added Features in Edge Dev Update 100.0.1163.1
- Enabled by default the ability to search through open tabs.
- Enabled by default Image Auto Captioning in Accessibility Settings.
- Enabled by default the availability of the Discover pane. Note that certain entry points into the Discover pane are not yet enabled.
- Mobile: Enabled by default Scrolling Screenshot functionality on Android.
- Developer: Added an API to WebView2 to listen for PermissionRequested events from any iframe in a page. Note that updates to documentation and SDKs may not have occurred yet.
Improved Reliability in Edge Dev Update 100.0.1163.1
- Fixed a crash when using text prediction.
- Fixed a crash when showing Spellcheck correction popups.
- Fixed a crash when logging into certain websites.
- Fixed a crash after using the Edge Bar.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes crash on versions of Windows prior to 10.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a crash on Android 12.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to certain websites.
- Fixed a crash when viewing Cookie information.
Changed Behavior in Edge Dev Update 100.0.1163.1
- Fixed an issue where built-in themes don’t work and instead just display white.
- Fixed an issue where the mini context menu sometimes prevents keyboard shortcuts from copying or cutting selected text.
- Fixed an issue where the progress ring around the Downloads toolbar icon doesn’t appear when a download is in progress.
- Fixed an issue where certain tooltips get stuck onscreen.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes won’t close.
- Fixed an issue where the context menu option to save a webpage is missing.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping pinned tabs sometimes doesn’t work with vertical tabs.
- Fixed an issue where context menus sometimes appear at the wrong location.
- Fixed an issue where Spellcheck correction cards sometimes don’t appear when they should.
- Fixed an issue where Camera selection in Site Permission Settings sometimes fails to find the device’s camera.
- Fixed an issue where certain Settings pages on Linux go blank.
- Fixed an issue where changing what format of Citation to use sometimes crashes Collections.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on desktop notifications sometimes does nothing when the browser is closed or when the website that sent the notification is already open in another tab.
- Fixed an issue in IE mode tabs where the initial HWND size is incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where Edge prompts for updates on Xbox when it shouldn’t since Edge updates are handled by the OS on Xbox.
- Mobile: Fixed an issue where changing saved passwords sometimes fails.
- Developer: Fixed an issue with WebView2 applications where back/forward navigations sometimes don’t work as expected (Issue 1492).
- Enterprise: Obsoleted the management policy to Allow Sync XHR In Page Dismissal, which lets webpages send synchronous XHR requests during page dismissal.