The team released another new updated Edge Dev build 99.0.1135.5 to insiders in the Dev Channel. The new build comes with seven newly added features and some fixes.
Changed or Fixed in Edge Dev 99.0.1135.5
New Added Features
- Added the ability to use Web Capture in PDFs.
- Added address bar dropdown content when first clicking on the address bar like Edge Legacy had.
- Added the ability to change the units that the air temperature is shown in on mobile’s new tab page.
- Enabled support for Data Loss Prevention on websites by default.
- Un-deprecated the management policy to control if the Win Http Proxy Resolver is Enabled, which will be re-deprecated at a later time.
- Added a management policy to Allow the Games Menu (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have happened yet).
- Added an experimental WebView2 API for Clearing Browsing Data (Issue 140).
Improved Reliability on Mobile
- Fixed a crash when creating a new tab.
- Fixed a crash when viewing the new tab page.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a crash when using InPrivate tabs.
- Fixed an issue where certain search providers can’t be removed from edge://settings/searchEngines.
- Fixed an issue where the new tab page is sometimes blank or shows the offline page unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where the Collections pane sometimes crashes or goes blank.
- Fixed an issue where the spellcheck setting is sometimes missing from edge://settings/languages.
- Fixed an issue where the Favorites Bar setting sometimes can’t be turned on.
- Fixed an issue where Guided Switch kicks in to switch to another profile when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue with Collections where certain popups sometimes appear repeatedly even after they’ve been dismissed.
- Fixed an issue on Linux where menus sometimes don’t respond to input.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where the new tab page is broken or blank.
- Fixed an issue on iOS where sync doesn’t work.
- Temporarily disabled support for PDF Linearization due to Chromium Issue 1064175.