A few days ago, the developers of GIMP released a new update of GIMP. It comes with the new build number 2.10.32 and comes with some newly added features.
GIMP Open Source Image Editor is a photo manipulation tool and cross-platform image editor you can use on GNU/Linux, macOS, Windows, and more operating systems.
GIMP provides the tools you need for high-quality image manipulation. From retouching to restoring to creative composites, the only limit is your own imagination.
You can download the app for free. The newly released GIMP 2.10.32 comes with a lot of bug fixes and some nice new improvements.
Features to find in GIMP 2.10.32
- A full suite of painting tools including brushes, a pencil, an airbrush, cloning, etc.
- Tile-based memory management, so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high-quality anti-aliasing
- Full Alpha channel support for working with transparency
- Layers and channels
- A procedural database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs, such as Script-Fu
- Advanced scripting capabilities
- Multiple Undo/redo (limited only by disk space)
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear, and flip
- Support for a wide range of file formats, including GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many others
- Selection tools, including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, bezier and intelligent scissors
- Plug-ins that allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters.
Changelog for GIMP 2.10.32
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, and more – including the support of custom brushes & patterns
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear, flip, and more
- Supports a variety of selection tools such as rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, and more
- Supports many file formats – including bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and more
- Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections
- Supports a virtually unlimited number of images open at one time
- Load, display, convert, and save to many different file formats
GIMP is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS.