Yes, its time for a new release for Windows Insiders on the Dev Channel. This time its Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20279. Microsoft says this release is a test release to see if it is possible to quickly follow-up on the previous flight. So , there is not much changed in this release. However, Microsoft is investigating some known issues in this new built. We all need to wait for a next built to see some fixes for the remaining issues.
Issues to be fixed:
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Live previews for pinned sites aren’t enabled for all Insiders yet, so you may see a grey window when hovering over the thumbnail in the taskbar. We’re continuing to work on polishing this experience.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue resulting in some users seeing error 0x80070426 when using their Microsoft account to sign into various apps. If you encounter it, rebooting your PC may resolve this.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where, in recent Dev Channel builds, no drives appear under Settings > System > Storage > Manage Disks and Volumes. As a workaround, you can manage your disks in the classic Disk Management tool.