Intel released a new Intel Arc Graphics DCH Driver with build number 18.104.22.1683 to the public. The new driver comes with support for the 12th generation of Intel CPUs from Windows 10 20H2. As always, Intel made a lot of game-related improvements and fixes for a better user experience.
Highlights for Intel Arc Graphics Driver 22.214.171.1243
- Support for Intel Arc A770M and A550M Graphics (Codename Alchemist).
- Intel Game On Driver support for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak*, F1 22*, and Arcadegeddon on Intel Arc A-Series Graphics.
- Advanced Performance Optimizations: A new feature now available within Arc Control that allows users to select and enable advanced application optimizations. The initial implementation of the feature only affects 3DMark Timespy and 3DMark Port Royale. Integrated graphics performance, as well as discrete GPU game and content creation applications, will see no performance impact from the disabling of the optimizations.
Changed, Fixed, and Improved in the new build
- Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition* (DX12), Horizon Zero Dawn* (DX12), F1 2020*(DX12), Crossfire* (DX9), and Euro Truck Simulator 2* (DX11) may experience texture corruption during gameplay.
- Horizon Zero Dawn* (DX12) may experience an application crash or game hang when entering a race.
- The Sims 4* (DX9) may intermittently experience an application crash when loading a save file.
- Ghostwire: Tokyo* (DX12) may experience an intermittent application crash or hang during gameplay.
Remaining Issues for Intel Arc Control
- Checking for driver updates or attempting to install driver updates through Intel Arc Control may sometimes cause an “Error Installing Driver” message to appear.
- Smooth Sync is enabled by default when “Application Choice” is selected from the Frame Delivery settings in the Intel Arc Control game settings page.
- The Performance Tuning page in Intel Arc Control may erroneously appear visible or configurable on unsupported platforms. When this occurs, changing settings on this page may throw an error message and/or will not function.
- A Windows® UAC prompt may occur when launching Intel Arc Control.