Intel released a new and improved Intel Arc Graphics Driver in Beta, that brings the following game-related fixes.
Changelog for Intel Arc Graphics Driver 188.8.131.5259 Beta
- In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (DX11), texture distortion can occur on the Emerald Plains map if the Ultra settings are enabled in the game. A workaround is the selection of the Vulkan API in the game settings.
- In Battlefield V (DX11), certain light sources such as headlights or campfires may experience lighting errors.
- F1 22 (DX12) may cause the application to crash or hang if the quality settings are set to High or higher and Ambient Occlusion is set to AMD FidelityFX CACAO. A workaround is to disable or change this option on the game settings page.
- Halo Infinite (DX12) The lighting may appear blurred or overexposed in the multiplayer game’s menus.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (DX12) may cause the application to crash during gameplay.
- Call of Duty: Warzone (DX12) may have flickering shadow distortions on character models in the menu.
- Forza Horizon 5 (DX12) may experience block errors when drifting and msAA x4 is enabled.
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human (DX12) may have lighting faults on certain building surfaces.
- Minecraft Bedrock (DX11) may display a black screen after the initial loading screen.
- With Shadow of the Tomb Raider (DX12), the app may crash if the Ray Traced Shadow Quality is set to High. A workaround is to switch to the Medium or OFF setting.
- When playing HDR videos and switching to full-screen mode, a crash may occur.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (DX12), Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint (DX11), Strange Brigade (DX12) and Forza Horizon 5 (DX12) may experience texture distortion while playing.
- Gears 5 (DX12) may experience an application crash, system crash or TDR during gameplay.
- Some third-party camera applications may experience video corruption if the recorded video is in
- With Sniper Elite 5, some hybrid graphics system configurations may crash the application if the Windows® Graphics Performance Setting option for the application is not set to High Performance.
- Card textures may not load or load as empty spaces when CrossFire is played.
- Some objects and textures in Halo Infinite (DX12) may appear black and not load.
Issues for Intel Arc Control
- Checking for driver updates or attempting to install driver updates through Intel Arc Control may sometimes cause an “Error Installing Driver” message to appear.
- Smooth Sync is enabled by default when “Application Choice” is selected from the Frame Delivery settings in the Intel Arc Control game settings page.
- The Performance Tuning page in Intel Arc Control may erroneously appear visible or configurable on unsupported platforms. When this occurs, changing settings on this page may throw an error message and/or will not function.
- A Windows UAC prompt may occur when launching Intel Arc Control.