Microsoft released KB4577586 update available for download, which removes the Adobe Flash Player from the Windows installation.
Adobe Flash Player will be discontinued by Adobe on Dec 31, 2020.
- Adobe Flash Player will go out of support on December 31, 2020. For more information, see Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020.
- Applying this update will remove Adobe Flash Player from your Windows device.
- After this update has been applied, this update cannot be uninstalled.
- We are releasing this removal update in advance of end of support to help customers test and validate their environments for any impact that might occur by the removal of Adobe Flash Player. Also, if another security update for Adobe Flash Player is released, customers who take this removal update will still be offered the security update.
This update removes Adobe Flash Player that is installed on any of the Windows operating systems that are listed in the “Applies to” section. After you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled.
- Method 1: Reset your device to an earlier system restore point. This feature must be explicitly enabled and a system restore point must have been created on your Windows device before you apply this update.For more information about system restore point, see Back up and restore your PC.
- Method 2: Reinstall your Windows operating system, but do not apply this update.
Download: Update Catalog