Today, Microsoft released KB5005101 CU Build 1904x.1202 for Windows 10 to insiders in the Release Preview Channel.
- Updates a rare condition that causes Bluetooth headsets to only work for voice calls.
- Updates an issue that provides the wrong Furigana result when you cancel the Japanese reconversion.
- Updates an issue that resets syncing for Microsoft OneDrive to “Known folders only” after you install a Windows update.
- Updates an issue that prevents audio headsets that connect to a device using USB from working if the device has certain third-party audio drivers.
- Updates an issue with resizing images that might produce flickering and residual line artifacts.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from typing any words in the username box during the out-of-box experience (OOBE) process. This issue occurs when you use the Chinese Input Method Editor (IME).
- Updates an issue with copying and pasting a text box into Office 365 apps. If you use an IME, you won’t be able to insert text into the text box.
- Updates an issue that might cause your device to stop working when making a touch input gesture. This issue occurs if you bring more fingers into contact with the touchpad or screen during the middle of the gesture.
- Updates an issue that might cause an external monitor to display a black screen after Hibernation. This issue might occur when the external monitor connects to a docking station using a certain hardware interface.
Updates an issue that resets the brightness for standard dynamic range (SDR) content on high-dynamic range (HDR) monitors. This occurs after you restart your device or reconnect to the device remotely.
Changed or Fixed in KB5005101
- We fixed an issue that causes the Windows Update settings page to stop responding after you download an optional update.
This update will be offered automatically for Windows Insiders already on Windows 10, version 21H2 in the Release Preview Channel. For Insiders not yet on Windows 10, version 21H2 – this update is offered via our “seeker” experience in Windows Update and ONLY to Insiders who were moved from the Beta Channel to the Release Preview Channel because their PC did not meet the hardware requirements for Windows 11. This means these Insiders will need to go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and choose to download and install Windows 10, version 21H2.
This update includes the following change in addition to all the improvements listed as part of Build 19044.1200