Microsoft released a new cumulative update that addresses an issue that might generate error 0x1E when you shut down or restart a device. The new build number becomes 17763.3346.
The update is for use on: Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC Windows 10 IoT Core 2019 LTSC Windows Server 2019.
Changelog for KB5016690 Windows 10 Build 17763.3346
- New! Enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- Addresses an issue that causes ServerAssignedConfigurations to be null in a few full configuration scenarios.
- Addresses an issue that might generate error 0x1E when you shut down or restart a device.
- Addresses an issue that prevents virtualized App-V Microsoft Office applications from opening or causes them to stop working.
- Addresses an issue that leads to a false negative when you run scripts while Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) is turned on. This might cause AppLocker events 8029, 8028, or 8037 to appear in the log when they should not.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Resultant Set of Policy tool (Rsop.msc) to stop working when it processes 1,000 or more “File System” security settings.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Settings app to stop working on server domain controllers (DCs) when accessing the Privacy > Activity history page.
- Addresses a race condition that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to stop working on Active Directory domain controllers. This issue occurs when LSASS processes simultaneous Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) over Transport Layer Security (TLS) requests that fail to decrypt. The exception code is 0xc0000409 (STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN).
- Addresses an issue that affects a lookup for a nonexistent security ID (SID) from the local domain using read-only domain controller (RODC). The lookup unexpectedly returns the STATUS_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_FAILURE error instead of STATUS_NONE_MAPPED or STATUS_SOME_MAPPED.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a private virtual LAN (PVLAN) from providing tenant and virtual machine (VM) isolation.
- Addresses an issue that delays a client’s acquisition of the Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) address for extended periods in an IPv6 environment.
- Addresses an issue that might cause Remote Desktop Session licensing to display a 60-minute disconnection warning after reconnecting.
- Addresses an issue that causes a RODC to unexpectedly restart. In the event log, you’ll find the following:
- Event 1074 with the message, “The system process ‘C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe’ terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073740286. The system will now shut down and restart.”
- Event 1015 with the message, “A critical system process, C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000602. The machine must now be restarted.”
- Event 1000 with the message, “Faulting application name: lsass.exe, Faulting module name: ESENT.dll, Exception code: 0xc0000602.”
- Addresses an issue that might cause cldflt.sys to reference invalid memory in race conditions.