According to the Edge Stable release cycle, Microsoft released a new updated browser to the public. The browser fixed 20 security issues in the new update. One of the new features is that the browser comes with a more enhanced and secure tracking prevention feature.
Microsoft Note: Enhance your security on the web. Improvements to enhance your security on the web in edge://settings/privacy now include Basic as the new default option. With this option, Microsoft Edge will apply added security protection to the less visited sites.
Read more about this in the changelog below. Also, some policy changes were made and old ones removed.
Changelog for Microsoft Edge Stable 104.0.1293.47
- Enhance your security on the web. Improvements to Enhance your security on the web in edge://settings/privacy now include Basic as the new default option. With this option, Microsoft Edge will apply added security protection to the less visited sites. This feature preserves the user experience for the most popular sites on the web. For more information, see Browse more safely with Microsoft Edge.
- Import Chrome data without Chrome during First Run Experience. This feature lets a user bring in their Chrome data by logging in to their Google account during Microsoft Edge’s First Run Experience. This feature can be turned off by disabling First Run Experience with the HideFirstRunExperience policy, or by setting AutoImportAtFirstRun to ‘DisabledAutoImport’.
- AllowedDomainsForApps – Define domains allowed to access Google Workspace
- AskBeforeCloseEnabled – Get user confirmation before closing a browser window with multiple tabs
- BrowserCodeIntegritySetting – Configure browser process code integrity guard setting
- DoubleClickCloseTabEnabled – Double Click feature in Microsoft Edge enabled (only available in China)
- ImportOnEachLaunch – Allow import of data from other browsers on each Microsoft Edge launch
- QuickSearchShowMiniMenu – Enables Microsoft Edge mini menu
- PasswordManagerRestrictLengthEnabled – Restrict the length of passwords that can be saved in the Password Manager
- PDFXFAEnabled – XFA support in native PDF reader enabled
- TextPredictionEnabled – Text prediction enabled by default
- U2fSecurityKeyApiEnabled – Allow using the deprecated U2F Security Key API