MSEdgeRedirect is a tool to redirect news, search, widgets, weather, and much more to your default browser.
Developer: This tool filters and passes the command line arguments of Microsoft Edge processes into the default browser instead of hooking into the Microsoft-edge: handler, this should provide resiliency against future changes. Additionally, an Image File Execution Options mode is available to operate similarly to the Old EdgeDeflector.
The file is available as .zip or .exe. You can download the newly updated version MSEdgeRedirect 0.6.0.0 on GitHub, down below this page.
Note: MSEdgeRedirect is still a Beta release. Changes are to be expected, and performance is to be improved.
Changed, Fixed, or Improved in MSEdgeRedirect 0.6.0.0
- Added Install Success screen
- Added Install Settings screen
- Improved Installer screen layouts
- Added ability to update dev builds
- Improved Default Browser detection
- Improved Service Mode Performance
- Improved Installer Admin Rights handling
- Fixed 32-bit version failing Edge location checks
- Fixed Tray Icon not hiding when selected in the installer
- Added additional Security Safeguards for URI handling
- Fixed Update Checker not running due to inverted logic
- Added ability for the installer to detect and show existing settings values when updating
- Added ability to redirect weather results to one of two available alternative providers
- Added ability to semi-automatically repair IFEO Exclusion issues caused by Edge Updates
You can use MSEDgeRedirect for Windows 10 and Windows 11.