Don Ho released updated Notepad ++ 8.4.1, fixing some bugs found in the previous release, and adding some new features to the program. You can read about all changes and fixes made in the changelog down below. The new build number became 8.4.1.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GNU General Public License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL, which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user-friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Changed or fixed in Notepad++ 8.4.1
- Fix HTML syntax highlighting in PHP files regression.
- Fix “Reload from disk” loosing syntax highlighting regression.
- Fix unfocused selected text background color changed regression.
- Update Scintilla from 5.2.1 to 5.2.2 and Lexilla from 5.1.5 to 5.1.6.
- Fix multi-part keyword in prefix mode freezes Notepad++ in UDL.
- Add several dark mode enhancement.
- Add DarkMode usage detection support for plugins.
- Add “Framed current line” option beside of “Highlight current line background”.
- Add file monitoring command line argument [-monitor].
- Add File Dialog enhancement.
- Add a new format argument/option “ADD_ZERO_PADDING” to NPPM_GETNPPVERSION.
- Restore auto-completion & calltip default fg/bg colors when no theme is applied.
- Sort “Search result” to the bottom in language list of Style Configurator.