Don Ho released updated Notepad ++ 8.4.2, fixing some bugs found in the previous release, and adding a few new features to the program. You can read about all changes and fixes made in the changelog down below.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GNU General Public License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL, which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user-friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Changelog for Notepad ++ 8.4.2
- The crashes of the “Copy Binary Content” command without selection in the editing zone have been corrected.
- Correction of the crash when calling again with the command line argument “-udl”.
- Added switchable commands to expand and collapse the current layer.
- Adds command-line argument for the plugin, an associated notification, and an API.
- Correction of horizontal scrolling with the scroll wheel on Logitech MX.
- Improves dark mode.
- Adds encoding context menu by right-clicking/double-clicking in the status bar
- Adds gui4cli keywords and corrects its style IDs in stylers.model.xml.
- Display the installed plugin versions in the Debug Info dialog.
Download: Notepad ++ Update