Don Ho released updated Notepad ++ 8.4.5, fixing some bugs found in the previous release, and improving some features. You can read all about the changes and fixes made in the changelog down below.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GNU General Public License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL, which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size.
By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user-friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Changelog for Notepad ++ 8.4.2
- Fixes crash under Wine.
- Correction of Notepad++ crash due to calling NPPM_GETLANGUAGENAME with -1 (WPARAM).
- Corrects drag n drop crash between 2 instances.
- Fixed the issue that deleting part of the content causes hanging.
- The “Collapse” mode in the Find/Replace dialog has been added.
- Additional option to disable text selection when the field dialog is invoked.
- Added an option to hide the + ▼ ✕ from the menu bar
- Added the ability to use ALT-UP/DOWN keyboard shortcuts to get hints about cyclic functions.
- Added the “carret block after” option
- The detected language is not applied if the default language is set in the document settings.
- Fixed dark mode in the Explorer panel on Windows 8.1.
- Improves the performance of very long lines.
- Improved performance for “Find in Files” and “Find all in…”.
- Updates to Scintilla 5.2.4 and Lexilla 5.1.8
Download: Notepad ++ Update