Don Ho released an updated Notepad ++ 8.4.3, fixing some bugs found in the previous release, and adding three new features to the program. You can read about all changes and fixes made in the changelog down below.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GNU General Public License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL, which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user-friendliness,
Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Changelog for Notepad 8.4.3
- Dark mode support for plugins – Dark mode support for plugins with dockable GUI.
- Improved dark mode (border colors).
- Update Lexilla to 5.1.7 & Scintilla to 5.2.3 and use the new API for large files.
- Corrects the performance degradation when searching for files since the update to Scintilla 5
- We fixed a crash issue when opening an empty. NFO file.
- Correction of the malfunction for language fonts in the Style Configurator (makes the definition of fonts possible again).
- Added the message NPPM_CREATELEXER for plugins to instantiate lexers.
- Fixed the Explorer issue when opening the CMD Here command.
- Fixes a crash issue of the “Style Configurator…” command when the “stylers.xml” file does not exist.
- Fixed an issue where the selected text changes color when the editor window loses focus.
- The dialog to save all warnings has been skipped if only the current edit file is corrupted
- Correction of a small malfunction in the Debug Info dialog.
Download: Notepad ++ Update