Don Ho released updated Notepad ++ 8.4.6, adding some new features and corrections. You can read all about the changes and the newly added features down below. One of the new features is colored tabs.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GNU General Public License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL, which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size.
By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user-friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Changelog for Notepad ++ 8.4.6
- Updated to Scintilla 5.3.0 and Lexilla 5.1.9
- Correction of the “Never” button that is not displayed in the Updater dialog
- Correction of a malfunction in the print selection.
- Added support for dark mode in the Choose Color dialog.
- Added a page (tab) for incompatible (unloaded) plugins in Plugin Admin
- Added plugin list with repository link and its version in the Plugin Admin dialog.
- Correction of the horizontal bar that was displayed when changing the height of the document list.
- Correction of the incorrect return value of NPPN_DARKMODECHANGED to plugins.