Don Ho released Notepad ++ 8.4.8, adding some new features and corrections. You can read all about the changes and the newly added features down below.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GNU General Public License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL, which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size.
By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user-friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Changelog for Notepad ++ 8.4.8
- The inconsistencies in the forced exit of Notepad++ v8.4.8 by the operating system have been corrected.
- The context menu for tabs, run and macro menu (shortcuts.xml) can be customized via XML files.
- Correction of the crash in Win32 namespace preceded by file name.
- Correction of the crash when selecting delimiters.
- Improved performance of the Remove Blank Lines command.
- The themes did not work properly in cloud mode and portable mode.
- Correction of autocomplete/call colors that were not applied when changing the theme.
- Added dark autocomplete icons for dark themes.
- The search results were not applied to the new design.
- The partially inconsistent behavior of themes has been corrected.
- Added a vertical scroll bar for all combo boxes in the find/replace dialog
- Fixed the tab context menu reload command that is not synchronized.