Just a heads-up, Microsoft just announced that all insiders on the Beta Channel will receive the newly updated and redesigned Notepad.
So just sit back and see what’s coming your way.
Microsoft: Our favorite new feature is dark mode. This has been a top community ask, and we hope you love this gorgeous new theme as much as we do. By default, Notepad will adapt to your system theme preferences, but you can change this option yourself in the brand-new settings page which is the new home for font options as well.
Download it here and follow the instructions on how to install it on your Windows 11 OS.
How to install Notepad Dark Mode
- Download the Notepad file here.
- Unpack zip file on your C://
- Start PowerShell as Administrator
- Copy the following line: Add-AppxPackage “C:\Microsoft_WindowsNotepad_11_2110_64_0_neutral_8wekyb3d8bbwe.Msixbundle”
- Paste it in PowerShell and hit enter
Enjoy the new Notepad