Nvidia has updated its graphics driver. The new Nvidia Driver Update Version 457.30 has been made available for download as a Game Ready driver.
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 457.30
The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.
Fixed Issues in this Release:
- [Warzone][RTX 30 series]: Users may see a drop in performance during gameplay.
- [Notebook]: The internal panel flashes upon resume from sleep mode or from display off. 
- [NVIDIA Ampere architecture][G-SYNC][HDR][Dual-head 8k display]: Display screen goes black.
Open Issues in Version 457.30 WHQL:
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle
mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [Freestyle/Ansel]: After launching and then closing Star Wars: Squadrons, Freestyle/Ansel
stops working on supported games. 
To work around, reset the NVIDIA Control Panel global 3D settings. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
> Manage 3D Settings page, then select the Global Settings tab, click Restore and then click Yes at
the confirmation dialog.
- [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. 
- [Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is
enabled from in-game settings. 
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks.
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- When setting the refresh rate higher than 100Hz, the color format switches from RGB to
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay.