Nvidia released a new GeForce WHQL graphics driver. The version number makes a big leap from version 512.95 released May 24, 2022, to 516.40 as of today.
The new driver now supports Windows 11 22H2 and comes with CUDA 11.7. Some fixes were made in the new driver, but it still contains a lot of open issues.
Changes in Nvidia GeForce 516.40 WHQL Graphics Driver
- [Enscape] Shadows may not render correctly.
- [Advanced Optimus] The brightness settings are not applied correctly on certain Lenovo notebooks.
- Club 3D CAC-1085 Dongle is limited to a maximum resolution of 4K at 60Hz.
Remaining Issues in Nvidia GeForce 516.40 WHQL Graphics Driver
- Turning HDR on and off in the game causes game stability issues when using a non-native resolution
- [GeForce RTX 3090 Ti] HP Reverb G2/Oculus Rift S/Pimax 8Kx is not recognized.
- Videos played in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled when waking up from hibernation or booting with fast boot.
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay shots may appear overexposed if Use HDR is enabled in the Windows display settings.
- [Assassin’s Creed Origins] Game indicators flicker when the character is near a boat underwater.
- The monitor may flicker briefly when waking up from hibernation when DSR/DLDSR is enabled.