Microsoft released a new PowerShell update with version number 7.2.7. The update comes with some changes and fixes.
Changelog for PowerShell Update 7.2.7
- On Unix, the native process is only explicitly terminated during cleanup if it is not running in the background
- Telemetry via ApplicationType is no longer sent
- General cmdlet updates and fixes
- Remove the minimum 1-second delay in Invoke-WebRequest for downloading small files and prevent suppression of file download errors
- Enables search for assemblies in GAC_Arm64 on Windows
- Correction of error formatting to use the color defined in $PSStyle.Formatting
- .NET has been updated to version 6.0.402.
- Some other changes under “Build and Packaging Improvements”