Microsoft released Powertoys 0.33.1 today with some interesting new improvements.
Microsoft expects to release version 0.34 as an experimental release week of March 8th.
Highlights from v0.33 Stable/0.34 Experimental
- Updated overview links to be language agnostic to the docs site.
- ‘First time load’ experience. The hope is a quick, light way to learn about basic functionality. We have some more work to do and want to also use the same framework for teaching about updates as well.
- Localization corrections
- Adjusted editor UX based on feedback. Thanks @niels9001!
- New options to change zone activation algorithm.
- Improved how SVG images are previewed in the preview pane, thanks@Drakula44!
- @Aaron-Junker has created a proof of concept for using Monaco editor for previewing dev files. This will enable over 125+ file types.
- Plugin Manager now is in settings. You can directly turn on / off, include items in general search, and change the action key! Thanks @htcfreek for the great feedback!
- Improved support for additional window managers by abstracting out shell process calls. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Fix for PT Run registering the hotkey on non-supported OS versions.
~will now act as the user home directory in Folder plugin. Thanks @davidegiacometti
- Service plugin has adjusted status messages
Video Conference Mute (Experimental)
- Adjust video muting to leverage DirectShow.
- Goal is to have 0.34 experimental release week of March 8th.
- When restarting as admin, the settings now will reopen. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Investigation on how we’ll accomplish Settings with the XAML Island and WPF app.