As promised by Microsoft, today we have a new release PowerToys with all the earlier announced features in this new build brought together.
Changed or Fixed in this release
- PowerToys now requires Windows 10, version 1903 or higher
- FancyZones editor default launching key is Win+Shift+`
- Windows Terminal’s new Quake mode will use Win+`. We feel this is a far better use of the keystroke.
- Current PowerToys users can update this in our settings in the Fancy Zone section.
- Removed our v1 HTML based settings system
- Editor UX bug fixes.
- Monitor resolution is added to the top to directly infer the boxes on top are your monitors
- Fix for editor crash when editing a custom layout
- Option added for capitalization.
- Improved loading responsiveness with large sums of files.
- Changed XAML to improve rendering.
- Disabled plugins are no longer loaded
- VS Code plugin workspaces showing up now.
- Now an independent exe. This now runs high priority in its own process. When your CPU is under load, this should allow the process to continue to be prioritized
- uses a centralized keyhook. This should improve activation
- Esc for closing will no longer bubble through
Settings / Welcome to PowerToys
- Shortcuts will stand out more
- Few accessibility bugs fixed
- Excluded apps for Shortcut Guide
- new arg for starting PT after silent install
Developer quality of life
- Ability to directly debug against Settings
Download: At GibHub