As previously announced with the release of PowerToys 0.45.0, Microsoft has released PowerToys 0.46.0 with a video conference mute feature.
Remaining Issues and limitations
- With some webcams, there is an incompatibility with Teams, and the overlay image is not rendered, instead, a corrupted frame is shown. If your camera has this quirk, please let us know the model in the [main tracking issue – #6246]
- The application preview (Teams, Meet, etc.) may show the overlay image flipped horizontally but that is expected, the image will show correctly to the other people on the call.
- In order to enable/disable the VCM, PowerToys should run as administrator
- Changes to some of the VCM settings require the application to restart to pick up the new values such as a new overlay image.
- In some cases, the overlay image can be shown flipped vertically (the workaround is to edit the image and flip it before selecting it).
- If the PowerToys Video Conference Mute webcam doesn’t show up in the video conference app, try restarting the app, and if still doesn’t show up try restarting Windows.
Fixed, Added, Changed in PowerToys 0.46.0
- Fixed toolbar top right vertical offset to allow users to close other app windows.
- Fixed compatibility issues for certain systems when compiling from source.
- Fixed toolbox from persisting on screen.
- Fixed microphone un-muting when changing Video Conference Mute toolbar position.
- Added Video Conference Mute to the “Welcome to PowerToys” window.
- Download: PowerToys