Microsoft released another updated version of PowerToys and therefore is ready for download.
The new update comes with version number 0.51.0 and is filled with a lot of changes, new items, and fixes you don’t want to miss out on. So, read more down below.
Changed and Fixed in PowerToys 0.51.0
Things to note
- We shifted our localization internal service and are working on adding automated integrations back in.
- System tray and settings use the same language for turning things on.
- New formats were added to copy colors as a float or decimal value.
- Adjust color window now accepts lower-case HEX codes.
- New window switching functionality! Now users can assign multiple windows to a zone and cycle between them using the Win + PgDn/PgUp commands by default. Thanks @FLOAT4!
- Added functionality for zones to adopt system accent color and theme. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Added visual preview of zone appearance in settings menu. Thanks @niels9001!
- Fixed bug where FancyZones crashes on launch.
- Fixed bug where resizing images creates empty folders.
- Added option to remove non-essential metadata. Helps significantly reduce the size of files. Thanks @CleanCodeDeveloper!
- Fixed bug caused by Image Resizer receiving an unexpected property type or value. Thanks @CleanCodeDeveloper!
- Find My Mouse: Improved functionality to activate when user double click time configuration is set above 100ms.
- Find My Mouse: Fixed display on all virtual desktops, as opposed to only the virtual desktop where it was created.
- Find My Mouse: New settings to enable a lot more customization based on your feedback.
- Minor UI tweaks for fluent icons, appearance, Ctrl usage, and utility descriptions. Thanks, @niels9001!
- New Mouse Highlighter PowerToy! When enabled, activate mouse highlighting with Win + Shift + H by default to begin displaying visual cues on your display when either the left or right mouse buttons are clicked. There is a much more powerful tool called SysInternal ZoomIt that is very helpful as well.
- Improved rename performance! This is now at parity (or better) with the prior version based on multiple tests.
- Added keyboard accelerators with Enter and Ctrl + Enter to execute rename. Thanks, @niels9001!
- UI tweaks to now add number of items selected, grid-lines for improved readability, reduced font sizes & margins, and improved window resizing.
- Fixed UI focus issues. Thanks @niels9001!
- Added default window width and height. Thanks @niels9001!
- Added PowerRename event logging for BugReportTool
- New entries added for settings plugin. Thanks @htcfreek!
- Added support for application URI handling like
ms-settings:. Thanks @franky920920!
- Added DevContainer workspaces to search results of the VSCode Workspaces Plugin. Thanks @JacobDeuchert!
- Fixes for crashing issues.
- Added rounded corners to keys and tooltips, and system accent colors for desktop backdrop. Thanks, @niels9001!
- Fixed default settings window size to prevent it from opening offscreen. Thanks, @davidegiacometti!
Video Conference Mute
- Always on top prototype of being actively worked on. Right now you hit a key-combo and it enables it. We are investigating ways to highlight the window in some form as well.
- Investigated how to fully shift to WIX bootstrapper and remove custom boot strapper
- Investigated how to fully shift to HKCU vs HKLM.