Microsoft released PowerToys 0.55.1 which fixed some bugs found in the previous release.
Microsoft: This is a patch release to fix issues in v0.55.0 we deemed important for stability based on user feedback. See v0.55.0 for full release notes. We’d like to thank everyone to help us diagnose and fix these.
Fixed in PowerToys 0.55.1 Patch Release
- #15910 – Shortcut keys retain taken after disabled for Shortcut Guide, Mouse highlighter, Mouse pointer crosshair. This was a bug we had for a while but with the increased mouse utilities using the shared code path, it was just noticed.
- #15450 – Fixing a bug where settings wasn’t properly saving. This bug was introduced with 0.53 installer update and now is fixed with 0.55.1.
- #15487 – After install, PT won’t automatically start as admin unless dont-elevate arg is used. This bug was introduced with 0.53 installer update and now is fixed with 0.55.1.
- #15869 – Removed a dead code path and unused DLL
- #15885 – Mouse pointer crosshairs crashing race condition bug.
- #15348, #15488 – Small UX fixes for helping wayfind.
- #15887 – Revert part of a Window Walker improvements in #6084 that did a IsCloak check. This impacted virtual desktop users.