Microsoft released a new updated PowerToys with build number 0.65.0 to the public today. The new update comes with a very long list of fixes, improvements, and some minor changes.
Changelog for PowerToys 0.65.0
- The codebase was upgraded to work with .NET 7.
- Quick Accent can now show a description of the selected character.
- ColorPicker now supports adding custom formats.
- The Text Extractor utility fails to recognize text in some cases on ARM64 devices running Windows 10.
- After installing PowerToys, the new Windows 11 context menu entries for PowerRename and Image Resizer might not appear before a system restart.
- There are reports of users who are unable to open the Settings window. This is being caused by incompatibilities with some applications (RTSS RivaTuner Statistics Server is a known examples of this). If you’re affected by this, please check the linked issue to verify if any of the presented solutions works for you.
And here is your in-depth changelog with improvements and changes for the existing toys:
- Downgraded the ModernWPF dependency to 0.9.4 to avoid issues on certain virtualization technologies. (This was a hotfix for 0.64)
- Upgraded and fixed the code to work with .NET 7. Thanks @snickler!
Always on Top
- Added telemetry for the pinning/unpinning events.
- Added telemetry.
- Removed exiting Awake from the tray icon when starting from the runner. Utilities started from the runner should be disabled in the Settings to avoid discrepancies.
- Fixed an infinite loop due to a looping UI refresh. (This was a hotfix for 0.64)
- Added a feature to allow users to create their own color formats.
- Fixed an issue that caused turning off spaces between zones to not apply correctly. (This was a hotfix for 0.64)
- Prevent the shift key press from trickling down to the focused window.
- Fixed a bug causing FancyZones to try resizing hidden windows.
- Fixed the focus layout preview being empty on first run in the editor.
- Fixed UI margin in the “Create new layout” dialog.
- Fixed window positioning issues when switching between virtual desktops.
- Fixed snapping by hotkey in single zone layouts.
File explorer add-ons
- Added .log file support to the Monaco preview handler.
- Query system and other users processes when elevated. (This was a hotfix for 0.64)
- Icon and UI fixes. (This was a hotfix for 0.64)
Group Policy Objects
- Removed a obsolete dependency from the admx file to fix importing on Intune. (This was a hotfix for 0.64)
Hosts File Editor
- Added a scrollbar to the additional lines dialog.(This was a hotfix for 0.64)
- Updated the plus icon.(This was a hotfix for 0.64)
- Prevent the new entry content dialog from overlapping the title bar.
- Updated the name for the additional lines feature.
- Added a workaround for an issue causing the context menu not opening on right-click.
- Fixed a silent crash when trying to show the tier 1 context menu on Windows 11.
- Added pinyin support to the search.
- Fixed an error in the TimeZone plugin preventing searching for standard time zones.
- Added the English abbreviations as fallbacks in the UnitConverter plugin.
- Added mappings for the mu, omicron, upsilon and thorn characters.
- Added a setting to exclude apps from activating Quick Accent.
- Fixed an issue causing the selector to trigger when leaving the lock screen.
- Added the Croatian, Netherlands, Swedish and Welsh character sets.
- Added support for more unicode characters.
- Shift-space can now navigate backwards in the selector.
- Added the Catalan accented characters.
- Added the Kurdish accented characters.
- Added the Serbian accented characters.
- Added the Irish and Scottish accented characters.
- Added the description for the currently selected character in the selector.
- Fixed a bug causing the selector window to appear blank.
- Fixed a crash on a racing condition accessing the IPC communication with Settings.
- Fixed settings name in the QuickAccent page.
- Added a message indicating there’s no network available when looking for updates.
- Fixed an error causing the backup/restore feature to not find the backup file.
- Fixed localization for the “All apps” expression in the keyboard manager page.
- UI refactoring, clean-up and bringing in modern controls.
- Improved settings/OOBE screens text.
- The backup/restore feature also backs up FancyZones layouts.
- Added a setting to make the shortcuts and taskbar icons have different configurable response times.
Video Conference Mute
- Changed the warning about deprecating Video Conference Mute to saying it’s going to go into legacy mode, thanks to community feedback. (This was a hotfix for 0.64)
- Added the core team to
- Fixed some errors in the GitHub issue templates.
- Updated the Windows implementation library.
- Added Hosts File Editor to the issue templates.
- Turned on C++ code analysis and incrementally fixing warnings.
- Cleaned up unused dependencies.
- Fixed building on the latest MSVC.
- Fixed multi-processor build on the latest MSBuild.
- Added a message to suggest the feedback hub to the fabric bot triggers.
- Optimized every png file with the zopfli algorithm.
- Updated the .vsconfig file for a quicker development setup.
- Fixed a language typo in the code.
- Fixed wrong x86 target in the solution file.
- Added a script to fail building when the nuget packages aren’t consolidated.
- Upgraded the Vanara.Invoke dependencies.
- Upgraded and brought back the spell-checker.
- Added a new dependencies feed and fixed release CI.