Just for the end of 2020 we have another update Powertoys version 0.29. This release comes with improved stability and a lot of bug fixes. Expected in the upcoming release are, FZ editor improvements and threenew plug-ins for PowerToys Run.
Release Notes for Powertoys version 0.29:
- Bug report tool and improved logging.
- Various localization improvements.
- CodeQL added. Triggered via a cron timer twice a day.
- “How to use” docs moved to https://docs.microsoft.com/windows/powertoys/
- This will allow the community to do direct PRs against those documents
- .NET Core upgrade for code bases the PowerToys team controls is complete. We still have two external dependencies that are .NET Framework that need to be updated.
- General bug fixes
- Added ability to provide the name of the color at parity with Office and WinUI Color Picker.
- Allows to use Windows Snap on desktops that don’t have a layout applied and for apps that are in the excluded list.
- Bug fixes
- Improved performance
- PT Run now supports accented characters.
- Option to extract the MSI from the .exe for enterprise scenarios and more options to do unattended installations.
- Removed toast notifications during installation.