Rainmeter is a small tool u can use to display customizable skins on your desktop, from hardware usage meters, to fully functional audio visualizers.
It’s a free-to-use tool and really helpful and around for years. The new update comes with build number 4.5.14 – Revision 3663. If you are not familiar with Rainmeter, take a look at the official Homepage first, it’s certainly worth your while.
Maybe you like to install some nice new skins or other stuff you can use in Rainmeter 4.5.14, go to DeviantArt, and enjoy all the goodies you can find there.
Changed, Fixed, or Added in Rainmeter 4.5.14
- Rainmeter: Fixed a typo in (Issue #306).
- Dialogs: Fix icon loading. See Forum Thread for details.
- Skin: Fixed issue where the incorrect monitor was selected when using the monitor flag on WindowY only (not defined on WindowX). See Forum Thread for details.
- GeneralImage: Fixed “ImageCrop” formula parsing. See Forum Thread for details.
- Rainmeter: Fixed bug with random number generators.
- Lua: Allow the Lua Update() function to return 2 values (number and string). The order is unimportant. Example: return ‘twenty-five’, 25
- String meter/Inline shadow: Treat the shadow drawing surface as the size of the meter itself instead of using the underlying bitmap of the skin’s bounds (in case SkinWidth/Height is truncating the drawing of the meter).
- C# Plugins: Use latest
This fixes assembly errors when using latest .NET Framework libraries in your plugin. in DLLExporter (Issue #310)
- : Add an extra empty line before appending a new section at the end of the settings file. Note: This is for newly added sections, not existing sections.
- Rainmeter: Convert font enumeration from Gdiplus to DirectWrite.
Note: This is just for logging purposes and does not change any font loading for the String meter. In general, this will log more font families since font faces will now be included in the list. Also: In debug mode, this will also enumerate any fonts loaded with LocalFont and the fonts in “@Resources\Fonts” folder when a skin loads. This will help skin authors find the correct font name to use with the FontFace option.
- MathParser: Increased base conversion limitations. See Forum Thread for details.
- GameMode: Tweak the logic when Rainmeter exits while in game mode. See Forum Thread for details.
- SkinInstaller: Adjust the enabled/disabled state of some GUI elements.
The “Load included layout” / “Load included skins” checkbox will now become disabled and unchecked if the entire group (Skins or Layouts) is unchecked. This prevents the attempted loading of a non-installed skin/layout once Rainmeter re-starts. Note: The last checked state of the “Load included layout” / “Load included skins” checkbox will be remembered in case any of the Skins/Layout groups checkboxes get enabled again. This “remembering” only happens while the SkinInstaller is open, and is NOT persistent. The “Install” button will now be disabled if all items in the list are unchecked.