The new final version Rufus 3.20 has been released, and it comes with a nice new feature to bypass the Microsoft account during the installation of Windows 11 22H2.
Rufus 3.20 Final is a small and free program, you can use to easily create a bootable USB Pen Drive. With this tiny program, you can make a bootable install medium, needed to clean-install your new Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Note: Rufus contains the following error due to intervention of Microsoft. “Error: Could not retrieve architectures from server” for Windows 10 & 11″. Rufus has been blocked by Microsoft to download a ISO file in Rufus.
Note Update: Without any worries, an update of the Fido 1.31 can now be downloaded to restore all functionality to the way it was. When downloaded, just right-click the new Fido 1.31 and choose install to update your previous Fido 1.30 file. Huge thanks to @williambulin for figuring that one out! The problem is fixed now.
Features in Rufus 3.20
- Format USB, flash card and virtual drives to FAT/FAT32/NTFS/UDF/exFAT/ReFS/ext2/ext3
- Create DOS bootable USB drives, using FreeDOS or MS-DOS (Windows 8.1 or earlier)
- Create BIOS or UEFI bootable drives, including UEFI bootable NTFS
- Create bootable drives from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Create bootable drives from bootable disk images, including compressed ones
- Create Windows 11 installation drives for PCs that don’t have TPM or Secure Boot
- Create Windows To Go drives
- Create persistent Linux partitions
- Create VHD/DD images of a drive
- Compute MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256 and SHA-512 checksums of the selected image
- Improve Windows installation experience by automatically setting up OOBE parameters (local account, privacy options, etc.)
- Perform bad blocks checks, including detection of “fake” flash drives
- Download official Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Windows 11 retail ISOs
- Download UEFI Shell ISOs
- Modern and familiar UI, with 38 languages natively supported
- Small footprint. No installation required.
- Portable. Secure Boot compatible.
- 100% Free Software (GPL v3)
Changelog for Rufus 3.20
- Enable applicable Windows User Experience options for Windows 10
- Remember last Windows User Experience selection between sessions
- Add automatic local account creation and regional options duplication
(This is limited to creating an account with the same name as the current user and with an empty password that the user will be prompted to change after first reboot)
- Add a workaround for ISOs that have a
syslinuxsymbolic link to
- Revert to offline insertion of registry keys for the TPM/SB/RAM bypass where possible (#1971)
- Remove storage bypass, since this is a bogus bypass that doesn’t do anything (#1990)
- Improve BIOS compatibility when displaying the “UEFI boot only” alert message
- Fix Windows User Experience dialog appearing twice for Windows To Go (#1968)
- Fix Windows User Experience options not being applied for ARM64 (#1996)
- Fix Microsoft Account bypass not being applied unless TPM/SB/RAM bypass is selected (#1981)
- Fix overeager detection of GRUB2 bootloaders with nonstandard prefixes
Rufus 3.20 Final is for use on
Windows 7 or later, 32 or 64 bit doesn’t matter. Once downloaded, the application is ready to use.
Rufus 3.20 Final can be especially useful for cases where
- You need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- You need to work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- You need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- You want to run a low-level utility