Ventoy 1.0.88 is a free and open-source program for creating bootable USB drives from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files.
You don’t have to format the disk multiple times with Ventoy; simply copy the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files to the USB drive and boot them directly. You can copy multiple files at once, and Ventoy will present you with a boot menu from which you can select them (screenshot).
Likewise, you can also browse and boot ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files from local disks.
The same is true for x86 Legacy BIOS, IA32 UEFI, x86 64 UEFI, ARM64 UEFI, and MIPS64EL UEFI. Most types of operating systems (Windows/Win PE/Linux/Chrome OS/Unix/VMware/Xen…) are supported.
Changelog for Ventoy 1.0.88
- Fix the VHD(x) boot issue introduced in 1.0.87.
- Add more options for Windows command line mode. Notes
- VentoyPlguson: Fix VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK option web page display issue.
- Fix that workaround #2 not working for Legacy BIOS access limit.
- Fix a syntax error in F4 localboot.
- Show file checksum menu title according to the existence of checksum value.
- Automatically switch to en_US when use text mode.
- Add unsupported tip message for 4k native disk.
- languages.json update
- 100% open source
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+)
- Persistence supported (since 1.0.11+)
- MBR and GPT partition style supported (1.0.15+)
- WIM files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.12+)
- IMG files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.19+)
- Auto installation supported (1.0.09+)
- File injection supported (1.0.16+)
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported(Windows/Win PE/Linux/Unix/VMWare/Xen…), 550+ ISO files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- ISO files can be listed in List mode/TreeView mode
- Linux vDisk boot supported (vdi/vhd/raw)
- “Ventoy Compatible” concept
- Plugin Framework
- Menu Alias/Menu Style/Customized Menu supported
- USB drive write-protected support
- USB normal use unaffected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released