As always, Sergey Tkachenko works very hard to make his self-developed Winaero Tweaker even better, so that your life becomes a little easier when it comes to changing things in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Changes you can’t make with default settings in Windows 10 or Windows 11. A small example of this, is moving the taskbar to the top left, or right side of the screen. Microsoft does not officially support moving the taskbar. So it’s definitely worth checking out Winaero Tweaker.
- You can add Task Manager to the Desktop context menu (this works in all supported Windows versions).
- You can add Group Policy to the Desktop context menu (in all supported Windows versions).
- You can add “Restart Explorer” to the Desktop context menu in all supported Windows versions.
- Added two new tools:
- You can create desktop shortcuts to shut down, Restart, Hibernate and Sleep actions in all Windows versions. Save your time using such shortcuts. For “shut down”, you can create both the full shut down shortcut (turns off the OS without the hibernation data, the next start is a cold start) and hybrid shut down shortcut (the next start will be done with Fast Startup).
- If your tray icons (notification area/taskbar corner overflow) look broken, you can now reset their cache using Winaero Tweaker.
- Windows 11: Added a number of improvements to the “Classic Taskbar” feature. After enabling it, you can quickly turn on the clock, network, and sound icons. There is a link for that.
- Windows 11: Added a dedicated option to restore the Ribbon in File Explorer.
- Windows 11: You can now move the taskbar to the top, left or right side of the screen. The left and right side taskbar is still half-baked, as Microsoft doesn’t officially support the taskbar moving.
Fixed in this Release
- Fixed Windows 10 version 21H2 detection. It was reported as 21H1.
- Fixed the context menu\ remove default entries\ pin to start removal. The “Pin to Start” command was only removed for files. Now it also disappears for folders.
- Fixed the Shell Folder shortcut option. Once you create a shell folder shortcut, the option used to appear in the “Recently changed” list. That’s wrong; this doesn’t change anything on your computer.
- Download: Winaero Tweaker