Earlier than expected, Microsoft released Preview Build 21390 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
This time the new preview comes with two nice new changes, one of them is as part of the ongoing iconography improvements, the task manager and MSI installers now have new Fluent icons, and the second is you can now set Windows Terminal Preview as your default terminal emulator on Windows.
And as you can see for yourself, this is a short list of fixes for this new build, so maybe the new 21H2 is already in the final stages, except for some surprises maybe?
Fixed or Changed
- We fixed an issue causing the news and interests text on the taskbar to appear blurry on some resolutions and scaling factors.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain punctuation not being displayed correctly when the display language was Chinese.
- We fixed a svchost.exe crash related to cdp.dll that some Insiders have been experiencing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue impacting Start reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where when using dark mode, the text in the File Explorer search box would be black on a black background. Please note this only addresses this dark theme issue in File Explorer, we are continuing to investigate a second issue impacting dark theme when using Search in the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where a folder might not retain keyboard focus after being renamed in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing the incorrect icon for some processes.
- We fixed a second issue causing some devices to fail when updating to this build with error code 0xc1900101. If you continue to receive this error code when attempting to update, please file a new feedback item.
- The Windows Camera App currently does not respect the default brightness setting via the new Camera Settings page.
- We’re investigating an issue where search results are unexpectedly no longer following dark theme as of recent flights.
- [News and interests] We’re investigating an issue where the fly out may occasionally flash in the top left corner of your screen after clicking the button on your taskbar.
Download: Preview ISO