Today, Microsoft released a new Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25115 to the Dev Channel. Just so you know, the new build will not be offered to ARM64 PCs.
The new build comes with only just one new feature, this is for Windows Insiders to try out. It’s named Suggested Actions.
- Windows Insiders can try out a new feature in this build for making everyday tasks quicker in Windows 11 through inline suggested actions. When you copy a date, time, or phone number, Windows will suggest actions relevant to you such as creating calendar events or making phone calls with your favorite apps.
- On copying a phone number, Windows will pop up an inline light dismissible UI that suggests ways to call the phone number using Teams or other installed apps that offer click-to-dial call functions.
- On copying the date and/or time, Windows will pop up an inline light dismissible UI that suggests creating the event using supported calendar apps. Upon user selection of preference, the app is launched with its corresponding calendar event creation page with an auto-filled date and/or time.
What is Changed, Fixed, or Improved in Windows 11 Build 25115
- We updated the icons in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) on this build.
- Updated the underlying speech platform to improve voice activity detection for voice access, live captions, and voice typing, as well as addressed some issues with how punctuation is recognized.
- Fixed an issue related to loading the system tray icons in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, which could cause Settings to crash when opening that page recently. This issue may have also led to some explorer.exe crashes for impacted Insiders.
- Fixed an issue leading to Insiders seeing error 0x800703E6 when copying files from Google Drive.
- We made another change to help improve the performance of loading Home.
- Fixed an issue where if you had ever opened the context menu, doing CTRL + ALT + DEL and cancelling would lead to explorer.exe crashing.
- Fixed a sporadic explorer.exe crash when closing File Explorer windows.
- Fixed an issue where if Settings suspended, it could lock up explorer.exe in certain cases.
- Improved how Narrator reads out remaining space available in System > Storage.
- Fixed some issues related to access key use in Task Manager, including that you weren’t able to directly press ALT + without first releasing the ALT key, and that displaying the access keys wouldn’t work after having used and dismissed them.
- If the CPU reaches 100%, the CPU column header should no longer unexpectedly become unreadable in dark mode.
- Fixed an issue that could result in Smart App Control unexpectedly blocking correctly signed applications.
- Addressed an issue that was leading to Memory Integrity unexpectedly getting turned off in some cases after rebooting.
- Fixed an issue causing the Update Stack Package to show install error 0xc4800010.