After installing the recent update KB5011563, Windows 11 build 22000.588, you will see a new watermark appear on your desktop.
It indicates that the system requirements are not met. Microsoft tested this almost a month ago and now implemented it for anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements for Windows 11. If you don’t like this and want to remove the new watermark, do the following.
- Open the Registry Editor and find the following reg key
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\UnsupportedHardwareNotificationCache
- Windows 11 Dev Channel SV2 must be set to 0.
- Windows 11 22000 SV1 must be set to 0.
- Restart and the Watermark will be gone.