Now you can download WinRAR 6.10 beta with support for Windows 11.
This version of WinRAR comes with integration into the new context menu of Windows 11.
What’s new in WinRAR 6.10
- WinRAR can unpack the contents of .zst and .zipx archives while unpacking the Zstandard algorithm.
- Added support of Windows 11 Explorer context menus.
- “Close” is added to the “When Done” list on the “Advanced” page of the archiving dialog. This closes the WinRAR window when archiving is complete.
- The “After Completion” list has been added to the “Options” page of the extraction dialog. It allows you to select an action, such as turning off the computer or closing WinRAR after the extraction is complete.
- The -Si switch can be used when extracting or testing to read archive data from stdin. Example: type docs.rar | rar x -si -o+ -pmypwd dummy docs\
- The new -ep4<path> switch excludes the path prefix when archiving or extracting if this path is found at the beginning of the archived name.
- The new -mes switch skips encrypted files when extracting or testing.
- New switch -op <path> sets the destination folder for ‘x’ and ‘e’ extraction commands. In contrast to the command line parameter <Pfad_zum_Extrahieren>, this switch also accepts paths without a final path separator character.
- When the p command is used to print a file on stdout, informational messages are automatically suppressed to prevent them from blending with file data.
- The “Generate archive name by mask” option and the -ag switch treat only the first two ‘M’ characters after ‘H’ as minutes. Previously, any number of such characters was considered minutes.
- The maximum allowed size of the RAR5 recovery record has been set to 1000% of the size of the protected data. The maximum number of RAR5 recovery volumes can be 10 times larger than protected RAR volumes.
- A warning is issued if the password you enter exceeds the allowed limit of 127 characters and is truncated. Previously, such passwords were tacitly truncated.
- If the archive contains reserved file names, the underscore character is inserted at the beginning of such names when extracted. For example, aux.txt is converted to _aux.txt. This is done to avoid compatibility issues with software that cannot handle such names.
- WinRAR attempts to reset the file cache before testing an archive.
- Multiple -v<size> switches to specify different sizes for different volumes are now allowed for ZIP archives
- A new folder selection dialog is called when the “Browse” button is pressed
- When restoring from the tray after an operation is complete, the WinRAR window is positioned under other open windows so as not to interfere with current user activity.
- “650 MB CD” is removed and “2 GB Volumes” is added to the list of predefined disk sizes in the Define Disk Sizes dialog box called from WinRAR Settings/Compression.
- The Rename command selects the part of the file name to the last point. Previously, the entire name was selected.
- If SFX archive sizes exceed 4 GB, an error message is issued during compression, immediately after exceeding this threshold. Previously, this error was reported only after completing compression.
- The command-line -en switch is not supported anymore. It created RAR4 archives without the end of archive record. End of archive record permits to gracefully skip external data like digital signatures.